Sunday, September 5, 2010

Public Diplomacy

We had a seminar about public diplomacy and for me it was a little funny for me, anyway, the first speaker start the blog with an introduction and brief story about his experiences, and the favorite fact that he said that if your going to another country you should never let your country down, because whenever I'm out of the country I keep forgetting about our country, seriously because sometimes I'm embarrass. Tourism is a good chance to participate in big trade shows like the one in London World Federal Market that in tourism it is a good venue to discuss the value of the products and negotiate product's rates. These people want to make money profit- minded and so we want to make sure that they can earn here in the Philippines. The speaker also told us that DOT receives the smallest budget allocation from the government. Even though that is the situation, he said that their exhibits are popular or pinipilahan, especially their free massage booth. Back then I thought DOT just deals with advertisement but no they also have diverse roles that they play. And lastly when our professor tell us a story about “have you ever been to..?” a lot of people in our country do not see other places of our own, but if you’re going to realize something, I mean, for me it is beautiful to look other places in other country because you already have the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment